Custom Velcro Patches are commonly used by military and law enforcement’s tactical uniforms. Traditionally, these were made embroidered or woven.
Nevertheless, nowadays patches made out of PVC soft rubber material seem to be the best option for special forces and tactical gear junkies.
Let’s see why is that, ready bitches?
Should you have your custom unit patch embroidered or made in PVC?
Embroidered patches have always been the standard for uniform and logo patches, people love them and they do look great.
However there are certain designs, logos and applications where a PVC patch is more recommended, let’s explore a few of them:
- Your design includes small text (10 pts or less) > Go with PVC Patches
- Your design includes very small details (1pt or less) > Go with PVC Patches
- You want your design to include 3D details (domed like elements) > Go with PVC Patches
- You need your patches to look great and resist all sorts of extreme conditions > Go with PVC Patches
If you read all of that and still love the look the embroidered patches have, then head on to our custom embroidered patches page and our custom patch gallery for inspiration.
Should you have any questions or are unsure of which patch style is more appropriate for you project, give us a call @ 1.888.720.2115 or fill out our free quote request.
For those people who are more visual and still need convincing deciding between embroidered and PVC patches, here are some examples:
Custom Rubber Military Patches
24 Efis Military Unit Patch
To The Last Man Military Unit Patch
Military Simulation Reconnaissance Team PVC Patch
Custom Military Unit Patches – 629 Unit
Custom military Embroidered Patches:
Custom rubber military patches for Military Uniforms?
Military gear has come a long way in recent times, and one of the greatest new innovations is PVC patches. PVC patches are made of Polyvinyl chloride, and have tremendous benefits over other cloth or woven patches.
You want your military gear to work for you, and generally speaking this type of gear takes much more of a beating than regular gear. It’s important to have something that stands the test of time. PVC is incredibly durable and tough, and can go through many situations and come out on the other side looking almost new. Rain, dry heat, cold – all of these and more are things that PVC patches can withstand.
Military, tactical, flag, sheriff, USMC, k9, firefighter, EMS, army pvc vel
Woven or embroidered patches have been the standard for many years, but PVC military patches have some added benefits besides their durability. For example, they are able to have much more detailed designs on them. That means that if you have a detailed logo or design, it translates very well to the PVC material and you won’t lose any detail when the patches are made.
PVC patches for military gear are a great benefit for our US Army, US Air force, US Navy or US Marine Corps, helping to identify both persons and accessories. Obviously, they are perfect for identification, but they are also a great way to show off the unit with specialized detail in the design that can be clearly seen and identified.
They will not fade or fray over time, unlike their woven or cloth counterparts. Whether you are slogging through mud or getting sprayed by desert sand, they will remain clearly legible and identifiable. It will be a long time before you have to replace them.
Custom Made Military Velcro Patches
For certain special units, it is important that patches can be removed to prevent identification. This is another benefit of PVC patches being used for military gear, they can have a Velcro backing, making them easy to remove and replace when there are certain situation that make identification inadvisable.
Military Uniform Velcro Patches
Another handy feature of removable PVC patches is that they can be swapped out for other patches very easily without sacrificing the garment or item.
Why are military patches velcro?
There may be situations where one patch is required, and then with the easy Velcro removal they can be switched out for an alternate patch should the situation call for it.
It also adds ease to washing or cleaning the garment. Just remove the patch, wash, and return the patch to its spot after the garment or item has dried.
Where to buy military velcro patches?
If you are talking about great designs and manufactures the best place you can find is right here.
We have over a decade doing this for clients inside and outside the US with the highest levels of quality possible. Learn more about Linx Corp. here!
Here you have some of our customer’s frequently asked questions.
How to make custom military patches?
- First of all we have to create the plastic mold with your approved design.
- The mold is closed and Liquefied PVC (poly vinyl chloride) in different colors is poured by syringe into the silicone mold.
- When cooled, the mold is open and then the plastic patch is removed.
How to Order a Custom Tactical Military Patch?
- Fast Quote: send us your project details. Tell us your product description, just as you want your velcro morale patch to be here. Given that designing your own custom patch can be a headache, we offer a free design based on your needs and art suggestions.
- Approval: Check out your quote and say YES!
- Confirmation: Approve your Art. In 3-7 Business Days we will send you a picture of your actual military morale patches.
- Fast Delivery: Approve your sample, and we will make and deliver your items within 3-4 weeks … Enjoy your Custom Tactical Military Patch!
PVC Military Patch features:
- Shape: Custom shapes are possible.
- Color: we use standard PMS Color (choose any from your color chart or pantone)
- Strenght: custom military rubber patches are flexible and lightweight but will keep their shape and won’t distort or break
- 2D or 3D : square or round edges
- Custom badges backing options:
- Sewing channel (recommended)
- Velcro backing
Popular Custom Military Morale Patches:
Our custom PVC morale high quality patches are the best choice for the military no matter if used on tactical shirts, tactical pants, or any other duty gear. Some of the best seller categories are the following:
- Army patches
- Air Force patches
- Marines patches / Navy patches
- Merit badge
- Rank insignia
- Air force rank Patch
- Army rank Patch
- Navy rank Patch
- Coast guard rank Patch
- Skill badges
- Special Forces Patches
- Infantry Division Patch