Custom Military Patches: Why PVC?
Custom Velcro Patches are commonly used by military and law enforcement’s tactical uniforms. Traditionally, these were made embroidered or woven.
Nevertheless, nowadays patches made out of PVC soft rubber material seem to be the best option for special forces and tactical gear junkies.
Every single order for Custom Soft PVC Military Patches are quoted on a case by case basis, we will need your artwork/design/sketch and a detailed description of your project for accurate quoting.
Should you have your custom unit patch embroidered or made in PVC?
Embroidered patches have always been the standard for uniform and logo patches, people love them and they do look great.
However there are certain designs, logos and applications where a PVC patch is more recommended, let’s explore a few of them:
- Your design includes small text (10 pts or less) > Go with PVC Patches
- Your design includes very small details (1pt or less) > Go with PVC Patches
- You want your design to include 3D details (domed like elements) > Go with PVC Patches
- You need your patches to look great and resist all sorts of extreme conditions > Go with PVC Patches
If you read all of that and still love the look the embroidered patches have, then head on to our custom embroidered patches page and our custom patch gallery for inspiration.
Should you have any questions or are unsure of which patch style is more appropriate for you project, give us a call @ 1.888.720.2115 or fill out our free quote request.
For those people who are more visual and still need convincing deciding between embroidered and PVC patches, here are some examples:
Custom Rubber Military Patches Samples
24 Efis Military Unit Patch
To The Last Man Military Unit Patch
Military Simulation Reconnaissance Team PVC Patch
Are you considering Soft Rubber PVC
Military Patches for your Unit?
Send us your project’s details and we will help you make awesome PVC Patches
Custom Rubber Military Patches for Military Uniforms?
Military gear has come a long way in recent times, and one of the greatest new innovations is PVC patches.
PVC patches are made of Polyvinyl chloride, and have tremendous benefits over other cloth or woven patches.
You want your military gear to work for you, and generally speaking this type of gear takes much more of a beating than regular gear. It’s important to have something that stands the test of time.
Custom Made Military Velcro Patches
For certain special units, it is important that patches can be removed to prevent identification.
This is another benefit of PVC patches being used for military gear, they can have a Velcro backing, making them easy to remove and replace when there are certain situation that make identification unwise.
Another handy feature of removable PVC patches is that they can be swapped out for other patches very easily without sacrificing the garment or item.
There may be situations where one patch is required, and then with the easy Velcro removal they can be switched out for an alternate patch should the situation call for it.
It also adds ease to washing or cleaning the garment. Just remove the patch, wash, and return the patch to its spot after the garment or item has dried.
If you are talking about great designs and manufactures the best place you can find is pvcemblems.com.
We have over a decade doing this for clients inside and outside the US with the highest levels of quality possible. Learn more about Linx Corp.
- PVC is incredibly durable and tough, and can go through many situations and come out on the other side looking almost new. Rain, dry heat, cold – all of these and more are things that PVC patches can withstand.
- Woven or embroidered patches have been the standard for many years, but PVC military patches have some added benefits besides their durability.
For example, they are able to have much more detailed designs on them. That means that if you have a detailed logo or design, it translates very well to the PVC material and you won’t lose any detail when the patches are made.
- US Army, US Air force, US Navy or US Marine Corps, helping to identify both persons and accessories. Obviously, they are perfect for identification, but they are also a great way to show off the unit with specialized detail in the design that can be clearly seen and identified.
Give us a call and talk to a Real Person
The most reliable PVC maker, will help you make an awesome custom PVC Product for your company